Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Chocolate Mousse and Graham Cake

It can be argued that chocolate is mankind's favorite dessert. May it be in candies, bars, truffles, syrups, ice cream or hot drinks; the dark yummy goodness has captured the love of many worldwide. 

Today I decided to do something different. I'm usually cooking or baking but this particular cake needed no baking at all. It's called the Chocolate Mousse and Graham Cake. I got the recipe from the back of the box of graham crackers. It's one of the easiest desserts that I had ever made. The ingredients are simple and easy to acquire. The results are to die for. Creamy chocolate cream interspersed with crushed graham crusts. My family do agree with me that this is one of my best kitchen creations to date. 

FOR THE CRUST:
1 pack of Graham Crackers
6 tablespoons of Melted Butter

FOR THE MOUSSE:
2 packs of Nestle All-Purpose Cream
30pcs of Flat Tops Chocolate 
2 Sachets of Milo Energ Drink

 The Graham Crackers are crushed first. I used a blender to do it in record time. It's easier than pounding the cracker into bits using a mortar and pestle. I melted six tablespoons of butter and mixed it into the crushed crackers. The butter will help keep the crust together. I then used a cake pan and lined the bottom with the graham and butter mixture. This will be needed to be refrigerated for 10 minutes in order for the crust to solidify.
The mousse is made next. I melted the Flat Tops by putting them in a metal bowl and hovered it above boiling water. The steam helped to melt the chocolate to a semi-liquified state. After this I added the All-Purpose cream and Milo and mixed everything with an electric Mixer. It is important to have the cream chilled before putting in with the chocolate. It will make it easier when layering the graham in between. 
After this, take out the crust from the refrigerator. Pour in the ready made mousse into the pan and intersperse with cream. Garnish with Graham crumbs, a bit of cream and square graham crackers on top to make it look wonderful.
See! It's quite easy. Definitely my best cake to date! It looks amaking and tastes absolutely delicious. It's a winner with my family and I do look forward to making it again for family get togethers and special family events.  
The cake must be chilled for more than three hourse to make it more solid. I do think that I should add clear gelatin to the mousse next time so that it wouldn't melt too easily. The extreme heat here in Manila had melted the cream about 15 minutes after I had gotten it out of the freezer. Adding gelatin to the mixure will make its shape last longer.
Bon Apetit! 

1 comment:

  1. You probably have heard of Jojo's bizarre adventure keychains, because of all the people who buy them, that is. Jojo is a cute character from the popular Japanese cartoon series called Digimon Adventure trip. To get more detailed info on Jojo's bizarre adventure keychains, visit on hyperlinked site.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...