Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Welcoming A New Year

I love the concept of welcoming a new year. It sends me a sense of hope that maybe this time around life would be better. I do have to admit that 2011 hasn't been kind to me. A friend and two loved ones passed away this year. Half of the time I felt as if I was just being swayed by the tides of fate rather than living the life that I wanted to live.

This year I want to start anew. I have a lot of plans in mind and I do hope that they would push through.

Since this is an art blog, I really want to start the year by posting a lot of pretty pictures.

I took these photos during my Christmas holiday in Tagaytay. My family stayed overnight in my grandmother's vacation house in Tagaytay. The climate was wonderfully chilly since the place was up in the mountains. Different kinds of flora not normally found in Manila flourished in that area,

The house was situated on top of a hill. You have to walk down a winding road and pass a bridge in order to get to a place that I would like to call as "The Secret Garden".

The garden really is just an small area where flowers had grown wild. Pink, red, white and orange flowers bloomed everywhere. It was quite a pretty sight to behold.


A small stream flowed at the side. It really was a hidden sanctuary. Its hard to find something like this where I live. I'm used to tall buildings and carefully planned landscapes. The beauty of this wild natural garden is absolutely breathtaking.

Aside from pretty flowers, there were also other plants that were not normally found in Manila. There were a lot of different ferns, vines, and trees that could only thrive in cold weather.


There was also a quaint plant whose fruit looked like small delectable cherries. Although I don't know the name of this plant, I'm quite sure its fruit isn't edible.

I also had some interesting finds. There was an abandoned spiderweb with a lot of water droplets clinging to its strands.

And a silver spider weaving a web within a web. Its like inception isn't it? The spider's body looked jewel like. It was as if it was made out of emeralds and spun silver.

Such a beauty! I'm usually scared of spiders but this one really piqued my interest and left me in awe.

I still have a lot of pictures in my SD card (and I'm planning to post those in my private facebook account) but I'll end this post with a picture of me, my mom and Auntie Elin. We posed by an enormous evergreen tree.

That tree was huge!

That's it for now! Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...